Sunday, January 29, 2012

Felt board sight words sentences



You can make your own board using any frame and adding felt material to it. I have an easel from Ikea and I don't use the blackboard side so I decided to cover it with felt. I attached it using velcro to the four corners. You could stick it in more places if you want to really secure it. I laminated the sight words so they can last a long time. I also attached a small piece of velcro to the back of the words. They easily stick to the felt material. My son likes legos and building things and he already had a tool box with mega blocks so I just use a label and wrote sight words on them. He can put the blocks together to make sentences too. You can also just use masking tape and stick that on the block and just write your sight words on it. I recently also got word family bingo from Amazon to help improve his reading skills.
I have a youtube video that shows this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujgBfQD-31c&feature=youtu.be

No comments:

Post a Comment