Thursday, January 5, 2012

Crochet Owl Hat With Tassels




This was my third project after teaching myself how to crochet from watching youtube videos. Seriously, is there anything you can't learn just by watching youtube these days. I love video tutorials especially the cooking recipes (save for another post). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_IaN5_gBQZw I started out with a multicolor yarn that I thought would be nice but it turned out to look too busy for an owl hat. It looks cute enough as a tassel hat but not as an owl hat. So I started again. I use yarn from my local craft store Hobby Lobby. If you don't have one close to you. Here is their website. http://www.hobbylobby.com/ There yarn brand is called "I Love this Yarn!" and you will love it. It's inexpensive yet it's soft and it's fuller than even Red Heart brand. You know how when you tug at it turns really fine well not with the Hobby Lobby brand. I just use size H hook for most of my projects. The second attempt at making this hat as a gift I use two color to give it a two tone look without making it look busy. I modified the eyes to not have a third round but to have a little sparkle in the center. I did that with just a couple of stitches.

1 comment: