Thursday, April 11, 2013

Super Easy virtually No Sew Baby Wrap

This is sturdy and super easy to make.  All you need is a jersey knit type fabric. 5 1/2 to 6 yards depending on how tall you are.  I'm under 5 ft. so I just needed 5 yards.  Remember to wash your fabric first because cotton knit will shrink.  Don't bother to iron out the curve edges as it ties up anyways.  When you buy by the yard it's usually 45'' long so just cut lengthwise this will leave you with two wraps.  One for yourself and one for a friend.  If you like to add a decorative front piece you can just cut a rectangular piece of coordinated fabric.  I use this cotton calico fabric print from Hobby Lobby.  Just pin the print right side down center to the brown jersey wrap and sew 1/4 inch across the top and 1/4'' across the bottom.  Then pull the two long side through this will turn it right side out.  How to wear your baby wrap.
Since I only use a rectangle calico print I had enough to make another type of baby carrier.  I made the Pouch Sling Carrier


No comments:

Post a Comment