Friday, April 12, 2013

Letter Name Baby Taggie

Babies love to chew on tags and I just love this idea of making tag with a personal touch.  I made this one with the first initial of my baby's name.  It was very quick and easy to make definitely a beginner's project that is sure to please.  Pick your coordinated print fabric.  I chose this robot one from Hobby Lobby and on the reverse side I use a softer flannel with construction vehicle prints found at Joann's.  This article suggest that you just print out block letters from your computer then use that as a template.  I love this idea from All Free Sewing.  However, I didn't want the letter to be too small if it was printed out of a printer.  The letter "N" was easy to do I just use a ruler to make the template.  You could also use your electronic die cut machine (mine is a Cricut Expression) to cut out the letters.  Remember that you would want to reverse the letter for second side.
then you want to pin the tags to the right side of the heavier weight fabric.  You want to make sure that the head of your pin is position on the inside rather than the other edge.  This will make it easier for you to remove the pin after it's sewn.  
Now you lay your other side piece right side together.  Pin it and sew all the edges leaving a space about 2'' to make it easier for you to turn your project right side out.  Remove the pins.  
Now iron your piece to give you a guide of where to sew the opening closed.  Continue to topstitch all the way around.  That's it! you're done.  
Enjoy my Baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment