Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Crochet giraffe hat/ embroidery applique


http://www.bustingstitches.com/2012/10/unfuzzys-giraffe-hat-and-diaper-cover.html There are a couple of patterns even free ones on Ravelry.com for a giraffe hat but I really like this one from her blog.  I didn't make the diaper cover because I wanted him to have a onesies with the month on it.  For the number 5 I use my Cricut Expression machine to cut out the number from Craft Room.  I use Heat and Bond iron on fusible to iron it onto the shirt.  I started playing with my new SE400 embroidery feature to type out the word MONTHS.  This was the medium size font that was built in with the machine.  No need for a larger hoop as the 4x4 work just fine to fit all the letters in.  I just purchase embroidery threads online through Amazon.com since it's much cheaper than buying them in the local Joann's store.  Can't wait to try some more designs out once my threads come in the mail.

No comments:

Post a Comment